The Consecrated Life
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him- Hebrews 11:6
The Dirty thirties was a time of great sorrow and heartbreak in the United States as well as the plains in Canada. Severe drought and improper farming practices created terrible phenomena called the “Dustbowl”. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced from Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas and the effects of the dust were felt all across the United States. The solution to the dust bowl lied in two factors…improved Farming practices to prevent soil erosion and the discovery of an underground lake called the “Ogallala Aquifer”. This lake is the world’s largest underground body of pristine water and brought life to the parched plains. The waters they were so desperately waiting for didn’t come from the cloudless skies rather the answer was UNDERFOOT the whole time. Once discovered they just had to tap into it.
In John 7:37, Jesus teaches that we have a spiritual aquifer which can be drawn upon which will bless our lives. “Out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water”. If you are thirsty and dry your faith will enable you to draw water out of the wells of salvation (Isa 12:3), the well is in your belly, in the hidden man of the heart (1Peter 3:4), your spirit.
The bible teaches that if we HAVE FAITH then nothing shall be impossible –
Mat 17:20- If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain , Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove….AND NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE unto you
Luke 1:37- For with God NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE
Heb 11:6…WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to please Him
Faith is the essential prerequisite to a passionate, meaningful, impacting, and rewarding walk with God.
The mystery of faith
- Not all men have faith-
- 2Thess 3:1-2- Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you…and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men…for all men have not faith
- Faith can be small (Mt 6:30). Faith can be seen (Mat 9:2)- there was a paralytic man who WHEN JESUS SAW the FAITH of those who brought him, healed the paralytic man
- Your faith can make you whole- Mat v9:22- woman touched Christ’s garment…Jesus said that her faith made her whole
- Whole = sozo= to keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction, to deliver and protect
- Faith is a shield- Eph 6:16- a large doors shaped shield
- Faith can be increased The disciples were so moved by Jesus faith that they implored him to INCREASE their faith (Luke 17:5) See 2Cor 10:15
- Jesus prayed for Peter that his FAITH would not FAIL (Luke 22:32)
- Stephen was FULL OF FAITH and POWER and did wonders among the people- Acts 6:8
- The just shall live by faith (Hab 2:4),Faith makes us strong (Acts 3:16), Our hearts are sanctified by faith (Acts 26:18),purifies our hearts (Acts 15:9) establishes us IN CHRIST (Acts16:5) ,brings sanctifying power to our lives (Acts 26:18), comforts us (Rom 1:12), lays hold on the blood of Jesus (Rom 3:25), justifies us (Rom 3:28, Rom 5:1), gives access to God’s grace (Rom 5:2), causes us to stand when others fall (Rom 11:20), activates the gifts of the Spirit (1Cor 12), Removes mountains (1Cor 13:2) sees the invisible (2Cor 4:18, 5:7)), brings blessing to our lives (Gal 3:9), provides God’s means to receive the Holy Spirit (Gal 3:14) makes us children of God (Gal 3:26), gives us boldness and confidence (Heb 10:19), roots us and grounds us in love (Eph 3:17)…Faith is a mystery to the world but resides and grows in the children of God
There are certain things we can do to INCREASE our faith-. In this series we will be sharing some ways to ignite your faith and draw deeply from the well of the Spirit which is in your heart.
The first step to ignite you faith is to consecrate yourself to God
It is difficult to live the life of faith if you are living a double life or have one foot in the world and the other in the church. This is what Elijah understood when the prophets of Baal had so influenced the people that if he hadn’t stepped in they may have turned away from the true God. In an epic display of prophetic boldness Elijah challenged the false prophets to a spiritual dual while urging the people to leave the double life and consecrate themselves to God. “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him” (1Kings 18:21). The result of the showdown was the defeat of 450 prophets of Baal and the rebuilding of the altar of the LORD that had been torn down. The people fell on their faces and declared that the LORD, He is God. Their faith in God was restored when the altar was built and they had consecrated themselves to Him.
Rom 12:1-3– I beseech you therefore , brethren , by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world , but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God…God has dealt to each one a measure of faith
What is consecration? it is bringing your life to God’s altar and leaving it there
- What is the altar we are referring to?
- The altar is Christ- Hebrews13:8,10- Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and forever…we have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle…V13- Therefore let us go forth to Him…V15- Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name
- Consecration is living for Christ, for His glory. His purposes. Carrying His heart, His love. Living to please Him in all things. Keeping His word and walking in faith and conviction in an unbelieving world. Staying on the altar is living life His way, not my will but His be done. It is worshipping Him is spirit and in truth, offering up continual praise with a thankful heart…this is our reasonable worship.
- Hear O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might- Deuteronomy 6:4-5,(Mat 22:37)
- Living for Christ ignites your faith and builds a strong confidence with God.
- Gal 2:20- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which i now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me
- 1John 3:18-22- My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us God is greater that our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence towards God. And whatsoever we ask , we receive of him, because we keep his commandments , and do those things that are pleasing in his sight
Leviticus 8:22:– the ram of consecration.
3 Keys to effective consecration to God
Give God your EARS
- The blood of consecration was applied to the tip of the ear on Aaron and his sons
- Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God- Rom 10:17
- Faith requires “SELECTIVE HEARING”…it is hearing the right things and closing your ears to other things- we really hear it but we refuse to respond to it or acknowledge it- Psalm 1- council of the ungodly/ Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed…
- Take heed to what you hear…words are seeds which, when meditated upon, produce in our lives
- Mark 4:24- take heed what you hear. With what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you
- Gossip- information about people and their personal lives/ a person who talks about private and personal details about people’s lives,
- A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a FAITHful spirit conceals the matter- Prov 11:13
- Lev 19:16- thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people…I am the LORD
- Prov 26:20- where no wood is , there the fire goeth out …where there is no talebearer , the strife ceases
Give God your hands
- Conduct yourself in a manner WORTHY of CHRIST-
Give God your feet
Set your PATH towards destiny and ETERNITY- great toe
Jesus has provided everything we need to live powerful lives before Him through faith.We have a supernatural water supply abiding in our spirit. Our faith ACTIVATES this well and we begin to draw LIVING WATER into our lives. Our Faith brings us close to God and trust in him. Coming to Christ who is both altar and sacrifice, and applying His shed blood to our lives is the key to consecration and robust faith. As we consecrate our ears (what we hear), hands (what we do), and feet (where we go) to the Lord we are WHOLLY CONSECRATED to Him. Our faith is ignited when we CONSECRATE ourselves to God.
If you have never given your heart and life to Christ then you may do so now…this is the the most important moment in your life as you surrender yourself to God and put your trust in Jesus. Find a quiet spot and when you are ready repeat the following prayer
Rom 10:9- …if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved
Heavenly Father, I come before you now and confess that I am a sinner. I thank you for sending Jesus to die on the cross and pay the price for all my sins. Your word says that if I confess my sins you are faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that you raised Him from the dead. Lord Jesus come into my heart and live in me. I receive you by faith and thank you for giving your life for me so I can live forever with you. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen
If you have invited Jesus into your heart , please let me know so I can help you get started with your exciting life with Jesus!
May the Lord bless you, keep you, and give you peace